The ultimate lightweight insulation layer, the Fortuna Ultra Lightweight Vest is a highly versatile piece of layering kit that can be worn over a shirt in autumn or under a jacket in the winter all in a colourway. Almost impossibly light and hand made in Britain using 100% pure European goose down, the Fortuna packs down to the size of a tennis ball allowing you to carry it with you at all times. This extremely high quality piece quickly becomes a constant companion in the colder months.
Fortuna Bay in South Georgia is near the place where Shackleton finally raised the alarm and began the rescue of his stranded crew on Elephant Island.
Materials & Build
- Hand-made in Manchester, England.
- Water resistant lightweight technical fabric.
- Wind proof
- 100% finest pure European goose down - 800 Fill power.
- Each individual pocket of down is hand filled & stitched.
- Weight 140 grams.
- Packable to 0.75 cubic litres
- Unsurpassed warmth to weight ratio from 100% pure european goose down
- Performance range:0˚C- -5˚C
- Tested in Antarctica
- Iconic Shackleton Nine-pointed Star patch on left chest.
- Large rubber zip pullers, designed with pimples on reverse for ease of use with cold hands or whilst wearing gloves.
- One back zipped outer pocket.
- Internal patch -"By Endurance We Conquer" E.H.S.
Store away clean and dry. When storing use a wide hanger in a warm, dry place. Avoid compressing your jacket for long periods. Only use the provided travel sac when travelling to and from your next adventure and when a more compact size is required.
Small dirty marks on the shell fabric may respond to wiping with a damp cloth. If you decide to use a stain remover, use sparingly and make you sure give the item a good airing before use.
WASHING AT HOME
To clean the whole item, down and all, washing is the only way to do it yourself. Clothing can be put through a washing machine or hand wash.
Use a mild natural soap product (not detergent) you may need to buy something designed for the job from an outdoor shop. The package will carry its own instructions, so you can follow them, or carry on as below.
5. Set the washing machine for 'delicate' or 'wool' or the equivalent low temperature wash (usually 30 degrees). Use a side-loading machine.
6. After it has gone through the spin cycle, most of the water will be out. But it will still need drying. Hang to air dry and give it a shake from time to time until you are satisfied that it is completely dry. Dry very thoroughly.